Soiland Company is hiring for a full-time bilingual Weighmaster & Administrative Support person to join our team at Soils Plus in Sonoma, CA! This position will assist multiple customers each day (construction and residential alike) and are responsible for courteous and knowledgeable customer service and sales support.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 1 years’ experience as a Weighmaster / Truck Scale Operator
We are looking for someone who is a quick learner with a positive attitude, excellent work habits, and the ability to work well independently and with co-workers as a team in a fast-paced environment. This position is responsible for many facets of our front-end operations with their primary duties include, but not limited to, providing excellent customer service, weigh-in and -out of trucks, using our computerized weighing system to process and record tickets, and providing general office assistance.
- Greeting phone-in and walk-in customers and providing appropriate product information and pricing as needed.
- Weigh-in and -out of trucks and providing accurate ticketing information for processing and billing.
- Coordination of trucking orders for customers with the site team, ensuring customers receive their deliveries accurately and on time.
- Performing various administrative responsibilities, including open/close duties of office, end-of-day reports, and other tasks and projects as assigned by manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be computer software proficient including experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Adobe PDF. Will be trained on our ticketing system.
- Strong mathematical skills, organizational skills, and acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with moderate noise levels.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to read and comprehend the English language.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and speak clearly. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Moderate noise levels in front office from walkie talkies and truck speaker, and occasional exposure to dust.
- Must be 18 years or older and provide evidence of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (pre-employment physical exam).
- In order to operate a company vehicle: A valid California driver’s license and a driving record with 2 points or less.
Work Location: Our Soils Plus site located at 4343 Stage Gulch Road, Sonoma, CA.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday full-time (40 hours/week). Must be able to participate in Saturday shift schedule rotation.
Compensation: The pay range for this position is $18 – $22 per hour (DOE).
Benefits: Weekly pay, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, health benefits (medical, dental, and vision) with employer contributions for employee coverage (100%) and eligible dependent coverage (75%). Additional paid benefits include long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Soiland Company is a second-generation family business based in Sonoma County. Founded by Marv Soiland in 1962, Soiland Company manufactures and sells aggregate rock, soil, and compost products from three locations.
Stony Point Rock Quarry in Cotati serves as our corporate office and has been in operation for over 100 years. The quarry produces some of the finest rock and aggregate products for large construction projects.
Soils Plus in Sonoma produces rock and custom blended soils for both large commercial landscaping and small home-owner garden projects.
Grab N’ Grow in Santa Rosa produces hand-crafted, high-quality soil, compost, and mulch for gardeners, landscapers and farmers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Grab N’ Grow is the oldest soil yard and custom soil mixing plant in Sonoma County.