Soils Plus is hiring a full-time Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team!
Qualified candidates will have at least 1 year of relatable recent (within the past 3 years) operating experience of heavy mobile earth-moving equipment such as a Front-End Loader, Bulldozer, or Excavator. In addition, crushing plant operation & maintenance and welding & fabrication experience is a plus!
Soils Plus produces rock and custom blended soils for commercial landscaping and small home-owner garden projects. This position will support the company in a range of tasks to assist site operations (crushing, screening, transporting, stockpiling, and sorting material) and daily yard maintenance.
Essential Functions Include:
- Responsible for the safe and effective operation of a variety of equipment and heavy equipment to accomplish tasks associated with standard site production operations and activities consistently and efficiently to maximize throughput.
- Responsible for performing inspection and minor maintenance (pre-, post-operation) on equipment and heavy equipment, ensuring readiness and safe operational status to reduce downtime. Includes but is not limited to keeping interior and exterior clean, fueling, greasing, and cleaning tracks/wheels. Completion of associated paperwork as required.
- Ability to maintain alertness to audio and visual signs during heavy equipment operations and make timely/sound decisions.
- Participate in site/plant cleanup, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Adhere to all safety regulations, site policies, and operating procedures.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 1 year of recent (within the past 3 years) relatable operating experience in any of the following earth-moving pieces of heavy equipment: Front End Loader, Bulldozer, and/or Excavator.
- Must be able to climb into and out of heavy equipment multiple times per day.
- Must be able to work from heights while harnessed for fall protection and safety.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills with the ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to deliver quality work consistently while working safely and efficiently.
Physical Requirements: This position works outdoors and is exposed to all weather conditions, chemicals, odors, and fumes; bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs; working on elevated platforms; pushing, pulling, moving moderate to heavy objects (up to 80 lbs.); ability to operate electrical and mechanical equipment; standing for long periods; walking; sitting; operating motorized heavy equipment to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years or older and provide evidence of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (pre-employment physical exam including drug testing).
- To operate a SCI company vehicle: A valid California driver’s license and a driving record with 2 points or less.
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position is a non-exempt full-time position.
- The pay range for this position is $22 – $28 per hour, depending on experience.
- The work scheduled is Monday – Friday 8 – 10 hours per day. Some Saturday work is required.
- We offer weekly pay, paid holidays, PTO, health benefits (medical, dental, & vision) with an employer contribution of 100% for employee and 75% for eligible dependents. We offer Long Term Disability and Life Insurance at no cost to the employee. We also have 401(k) with a guaranteed 3% Safe Harbor employer contribution
If you are interested in becoming part of the Soils Plus team, please apply in any of the following ways:
- Email your resume to Jobs@SoilandRocks.com
- Complete our Employment Application and submit online
- Visit our Indeed.com careers page to apply
- Complete an application at any of our 3 sites and hand it to one of our friendly office staff members!
Founded by Marv Soiland, in 1962, Soiland Co., Inc. is a family owned Sonoma County based business operated by Marv’s son, Mark Soiland. As one of the leading recyclers of aggregate material in the North Bay, Soiland takes pride in its company-wide sustainable efforts and strives to constantly improve our relationship with the surrounding communities and environment. Our three sites each have their own unique history with the community: Stony Point Rock Quarry in Cotati serves as our corporate office and produces some of the finest basalt rock and innovative aggregate products for large construction projects in the North Bay. Soils Plus in Sonoma produces rock and custom blended soils for both large commercial landscaping and small home-owner garden projects. Grab N’ Grow is the oldest soil yard and custom soil mixing plant in Sonoma County.
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.