Soils Plus is hiring a full-time Heavy Equipment & Mobile Crushing Plant Operator to join our team in Sonoma, California!
Soils Plus produces rock and custom blended soils for both large commercial landscaping and small home-owner garden projects. This position will support the company in a range of tasks, including but not limited to primary responsibility of the site’s mobile crushing plant, assisting site operations using a variety of heavy equipment to process native aggregate and recycled material.
Essential Functions Include:
- Operation of impact mobile crushing plants and affiliated equipment (such as belt systems and dust control systems) from start-up to shut-down, processing native aggregate and recycled materials safely and efficiently.
- Inspections, maintenance, and repairs on the impact mobile crushing equipment to ensure constant production.
- Operation of various mobile heavy equipment (including but not limited to: excavator, loader, dozer) safely and efficiently to perform production activities.
- Inspection and light maintenance of heavy equipment (such as refueling, greasing, daily inspection reports).
- Standard housekeeping of heavy equipment and plants.
- Ability to maintain alertness to audio and visual signs during crushing operations and operation of heavy equipment, in order to make timely and sound decisions while operating equipment.
- Adhere to all company safety and environmental practices and policies.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 3 years of recent (within the last 6 months) experience operating an impactor crushing plant.
- Must have at least 3 years of recent (within the last 6 months) experience operating a loader, excavator, and dozer.
- Intermediate to advanced maintenance and mechanical skills related to a crushing plant.
- Must be able to climb into and out of equipment multiple times per day.
- Must be able to work from heights while harnessed for fall protection and safety.
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner, knowing where other objects are in relation to a piece of equipment being operated.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills with the ability to speak and understand English.
Physical Requirements: This position works outdoors and is exposed to all weather conditions, chemicals, odors, and fumes; bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs; working on elevated platforms; pushing, pulling, moving moderate to heavy objects (up to 80 lbs.); ability to operate electrical and mechanical equipment; standing for long periods; walking; sitting; operating motorized heavy equipment to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years or older and provide evidence of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (pre-employment physical exam including drug testing).
- To operate a SCI company vehicle: A valid California driver’s license and a driving record with 2 points or less.
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position is a non-exempt full-time position.
- The pay range for this position is $25 – 30 per hour, depending on experience.
- We offer weekly pay, paid holidays, PTO, health benefits (medical, dental, & vision) with an employer contribution of 100% for employee and 75% for eligible dependents. We offer Long Term Disability and Life Insurance at no cost to the employee. We also have 401(k) with a guaranteed 3% Safe Harbor employer contribution
If you are interested in becoming part of the Soils Plus team, please apply in any of the following ways:
- Email your resume to Jobs@SoilandRocks.com
- Complete our Employment Application and submit online
- Visit our Indeed.com careers page to apply
- Complete an application at any of our 3 sites and hand it to one of our friendly office staff members!
Founded by Marv Soiland, in 1962, Soiland Co., Inc. is a family owned Sonoma County based business operated by Marv’s son, Mark Soiland. As one of the leading recyclers of aggregate material in the North Bay, Soiland takes pride in its company-wide sustainable efforts and strives to constantly improve our relationship with the surrounding communities and environment. Our three sites each have their own unique history with the community: Stony Point Rock Quarry in Cotati serves as our corporate office and produces some of the finest basalt rock and innovative aggregate products for large construction projects in the North Bay. Soils Plus in Sonoma produces rock and custom blended soils for both large commercial landscaping and small home-owner garden projects. Grab N’ Grow is the oldest soil yard and custom soil mixing plant in Sonoma County.
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.