Founded by Marv Soiland in 1962 and now run by his son Mark Soiland, Soiland Company is a second-generation family business based in Sonoma County. All Soiland sites operate with key core values that drive our daily business practices and represent our commitment to our local community, our employees, our quality products, and the land which provides for us all. At Soiland, we value long-term relationships and believe our employees, customers, and vendors are vital to our continued success.
Employee Health & Wellness Matters
We offer competitive weekly pay, year-round work, and a stable work schedule for our staff at an assigned job site within Sonoma County. Our sites are closed 8 major holidays and staff receive holiday pay. In addition, our employees accrue Paid Time Off with new employees accruing 11 days of PTO in their first year of employment.
In addition, we offer a variety of health insurance plans, contributing a generous 100% towards employee coverage and 75% towards eligible dependent coverage. Soiland also offers quality Dental and Vision insurance benefits to employees and their eligible dependents, contributing 100% towards coverage! In addition, Soiland offers Long Term Disability insurance and Life Insurance to employees at no cost.
How We Help Our Employees Plan for their Retirement
We want our staff to enjoy working with us but, more importantly, be able to plan for their retirement! Our IRS-approved Retirement Plan lets employees make 401(k) contributions towards retirement.
In addition, Soiland contributes 3% of the employee’s annual wages as a guaranteed Safe Harbor contribution to the employee’s Retirement Plan. Employees are not required to match Soiland’s contribution.
Finally, Soiland has a Profit-Sharing part of the Retirement Plan. Depending on Soiland’s profitability for the year, the Company can contribute up to an additional 22% of the employee’s annual wages.
We’re Hiring at Soils Plus!
Our Soils Plus site in Sonoma, CA, is looking for a full-time Crushing Plant Operator with heavy equipment operating experience, to join our team!
The role of The role of Crushing Plant & Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for the site’s mined and recycled aggregate crushing operations. This includes operating heavy equipment and daily plant maintenance and repairs. We look for candidates with a positive attitude, who are reliable and punctual, have great work habits, and the ability to work as a team and independently. will be responsible for the site’s mined and recycled aggregate crushing operations. This includes operating heavy equipment and daily plant maintenance and repairs. We look for candidates with a positive attitude, who are reliable and punctual, have great work habits, and the ability to work as a team and independently
Essential Functions Include:
- At least 2 years of recent experience (within the past 4 years) safely and effectively operating an impact crushing plant, in a similar work environment and industry.
- Must have intermediate to advanced maintenance and mechanical skills related to a rock crushing plant.
- At least 2 years of recent experience (within the past 4 years) safely and effectively operating a front-end loader, in a similar work environment and industry.
- At least 2 years of recent experience (within the past 4 years) safely and effectively operating an excavator, in a similar work environment and industry.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older and provide evidence of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (pre-employment physical exam including drug testing with testing for marijuana).
- This position is a non-exempt full-time position.
- The pay range for this position is $25 – $32 per hour, depending on experience.
- The work scheduled is Monday – Friday, 8 – 10 hours per day. Some Saturday work is required.
We are a proud and diverse family company with three locations and the singular focus to be the best at what we do and have fun doing it together. So, come have a blast and grow with us, and be the best at what you do.
We hope you will consider applying! If you are interested in becoming part of the Soils Plus team, please apply in any of the following ways:
- Email your resume to Jobs@SoilandRocks.com.
- Complete our Employment Application online.
- Complete an application at any of our 3 sites and hand it to one of our friendly office staff members!
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.