Soils Plus is currently hiring for the following position:
Inside Sales Representative
Summary: The Insides Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is to grow revenues through on-site proactive sales activities with new and existing customers through the phone, email and walk-in’s to the showroom. This includes working with homeowners, growers, contractors and landscape professionals to understand the customer’s project development cycles and timing follow-up touches to ensure we win current and future business from these core customer groups.
- Cultivate long-term relationships with new customers and build/maintain existing relationships by assisting customers, both walk in and via phone and email – some prospecting and lead qualifying is required.
- Analyze the needs and budget of each customer and suggest suitable products.
- Offer and provide product information, pricing, and product samples to customers after assessing needs.
- Present professionally written quotes and bids to customers as required then follow up to close the sale and track any lost sales.
- Capture all customer information, including email addresses and phone numbers, and log these into the CRM for future follow-up and marketing opportunities.
- Properly manage the sales pipeline and customer CRM database by diligently recording interactions with customers (such as calls made, emails sent, etc.) throughout the entire sales process.
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge for all products at all locations.
- Assist as needed during marketing events and tradeshows including set up and tear down.
- Coordinate trucking orders for clients with site admin team and ensure customers receive their deliveries on time.
- Maintain and update all files, binders, spreadsheets and other tracking documents associated with customer orders, deliveries, credit applications, and resale certificates.
- Help organize the show room and keep it adequately stocked with inventory, help ensure the accuracy of inventory throughout the store.
- Assist Site Admin Manager and outside sales personnel as needed.
- Participate in scheduled sales meetings.
- Participate in Saturday schedule rotation.
- Provide back-up support to the Weighmaster and handle all Weighmaster responsibilities when incumbent is away from the office.
Best Practices –
- Take full responsibility for the overall customer experience with each interaction you have – ask them to consider sharing their experience with others.
- Always respond swiftly and courteously to customer inquiries and complaints in the communication channels they prefer – if there is a problem, escalate it to the appropriate supervisor immediately – if there is complement share that too.
- Consistently look for ways to improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals and share them with colleagues and the leadership team.
Note: This job description with outlined objectives and tasks is not meant to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not constitute an employment agreement and employment remains at-will.
With over fifty years in the community our company offers the opportunity for growth. We believe in a strong sense of work/life balance for our employees and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and participation in the company’s retirement program.
Candidates must pass hiring gateways including background and drug screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested individuals should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Inside Sales Representative”.